I have been nominated for 2 awards. Last time I saw Terry from https://spearfruit.com/ address two award nominations in one post and I thought indeed it’s a great idea! Thanks Terry!! You never fail to inspire me :). So in this post I will talk about 2 awards I have been nominated for.
The first is Sunshine Blogger Award which I have been nominated for by Anu Yalo from https://anutastebuds.wordpress.com/
Thank you so much Anu for this nomination. I agree it has been quite long in responding to you with this post and I do apologize for that! It’s a big honor for me and I thank you wholeheartedly for it. 🙂 Guys if you have not visited her profile yet, please do!! As she is a wonderful cook and prepares aromatic delicious and nutritious meals for her family.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
The rules to accept the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
These are the questions for me:
- What is the inspiration to start a blog?: My daughter, of course. She loves my food!! When I started this blog, at the back of my mind I had a lingering thought that in future, if I am not there with her anymore, my blog will be a handy recipe book for her, wherein she can refer to all the the family recipes that her mom used to prepare. I know I am being slight melodramatic but it’s true! 😀
- Why did you choose the title (blog title) ?: After stepping out of India I got to understand that majority of the world has a conception that Indian food is mostly oily, spicy and unhealthy. I want to change this view as in Indian home cooking is not unhealthy, rather it is one of the most healthy forms of cooking. Generally the dishes Indian homemakers prepare at home are very nutritious using minimal oil and spices keeping in mind the well-being of our families. Hence my blog title “healthyindiankitchen” came into existence hoping my blog will help people learn and prepare healthy home-cooked Indian meals for themselves and their families without comprising on aroma and flavors.
- Your favorite travel destination?: I haven’t been there yet but someday in future maybe I will make it. It’s got to be Antarctica.
- Your favorite dish you want to cook? My all time favorite meal is Dal (lentils), rice/rotis and a side-veggie. And I cook it almost everyday. It’s my ultimate staple comfort food of all time.
- What is your hobby other than blogging? I like to do paintings and watch movies. And most of all, I love going out with friends and spend quality time with them.
- What is your pet animal? I don’t have a pet at home as of now. I would love to keep a dog though in future. They are such cute beings.
- What is your feeling on a rainy day?: Put on a blanket and sleep! 😉
- Your favorite song?: There are too many to list down!
- What are the three things without which you cant survive?: My cell-phone, my wallet and my house keys!! 🙂
- You like sunrise or sunset more?: Sunrise. It gives you hope for a new day, a fresh start, a new beginning.
- Your perspective about life: You learn from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.
Here are my nominees for the award:
- Kumar Harsh
- Sumith Babu
- Doctor Jonathan
- Cooking For The Time Challenged
- Amitav Chowdhury
Instead of 11, I have only 3 questions for the nominees:
- What is the last thing you do every night before going to sleep?
- What is the last lie you told?
- When we meet for the first time, what will be the first thing I notice about you?
Right on to my next award – The Black Cat, Blue Sea Title.
I have been nominated for this award by Krupa from krupajnanda. Please do visit her lovely blog. Thank you Krupa for nominating me! It is indeed an honor. 🙂
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
- Anybody nominated can nominate up to seven other bloggers.
- Anybody nominated answers three questions.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- Do you believe in the miracle? If yes, Share your at least one experience with readers.: Of course I believe in miracles. When I was a kid, I escaped a fatal accident. Won’t go into details on it, but yes that was one incident that made me say “That was close!!”
- If you are given a choice to be traveler or tourist then what would you like to be? And Why?: Krupa, interesting question!! Till date I never knew there is a difference between a traveller and a tourist! 🙂 I literally had to do a bit of googling to understand the difference. 😀 So yes I would definitely like to be a traveler. As a traveler, you get to immerse more into the local culture, interact with the locals and go to places that haven’t been explored before! That would be quite exciting and more adventurous rather than just being a tourist playing safe. 🙂
- What do you expect from yourself ?: Do good to others, without expecting in return. In Hindi we have a saying called “Neki kar dariya mein daal”, which means “Do the right deeds and forget”. I believe in Karma. So that says it all!
My nominees are:
My questions to the nominees are:
- Do you see blogging as a future career or just a side hobby?
- Who has made the biggest impact on your life?
- What is your greatest strength and what is your gravest weakness?
Well that’s all for my awards today. Wish you all happy blogging!! 🙂